Saturday, June 03, 2006

Second Life Lessons

I met a man in Second Life today. His name was Faun and he is Gorean. If you don't know what that is, you should look it up.

In real life, he tells me, he is a 25 year veteran of the BDSM lifestyle so, naturally, he gravitated toward me in my distress.

I couldn't figure out how to turn myself around so that I could see what I looked like. I have found no mirrors in the program and was dying to know what kind of impression I was making.

As it turns out, if you hold down the alt key while moving the mouse, the angle shifts and you can see all sorts of things. This is what I saw.




Yes, I've changed. I bought this outfit, dubbed "Hottie" and, with the addition of free cat tail and ears, a Malibu suntan, default body shape and the gift of lollipop ring from an invisible "friend", my new identity is almost complete. I still need shoes but my funds are low.

In the background, two furries duke it out.

I found a great article on videoblogging within Second Life and received the promised free interviewing microphone (for 1 Linden).

The idea of making "video" within an artificial environment intrigues me. Would the results be more or less real than the videoblogs I make currently?

2 Comments:

Anonymous snark_19@hotmail.com said...

ahhh, the gorean lifestyle. I remember reading the series 25 years ago. Loved the covers.
Just quickly to defend my comments - yes I can be perhaps a little flippe at times, but that is just my way. And I love the hottie gear. Are the ears and tail a way of pandering to my Josie and the pussycats fetish? Or was that just my luck.

Bill (kisses)

11:18 PM  
Anonymous David said...

Hmm...

Well...I guess Dev still posts videos.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home