Sunday, July 24, 2005

She Frickin' Blocked Me!

D. sent me this thoroughly modern love song about chat relationships. Fabulous!

On a chat note, I've been back in the chatrooms, peddling my Miss Mew pics. One interested customer asked if I would be willing to sell him my used panties for $100. That got me thinking about the monetary value of fetish objects in the art world and how panties would fare in a gallery setting. I do believe I have a new project to persue. Now, to get a Canada Council grant for panties.

4 Comments:

Blogger Zeke's, the Montreal Art Gallery said...

Howdy!

If you were hoping to be original, I'm sorry to dissapoint - but something similar has already been done by Harlan Johnson in this neck of the woods.

On the other hand, if you wanted to build and develop on a theory and practice that he has done before, then the jury probably would be very impressed.

Good luck.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Anne Walk said...

well chris,

as we all know, "everything has been done before", right?

besides. i've never sold my used panties before so this hasn't been done.

did harlan sell his used panties? how much did he get for them? i'm working on pricing...

4:39 PM  
Blogger Zeke's, the Montreal Art Gallery said...

Howdy!

He painted them first (and I think in fact, if I remember correctly, that in fact they weren't his, but actually underwear that he had found in various places) and then again searching the memory banks, I think they went for about $400/ch. I don't know how many, if any actually sold.

7:25 PM  
Blogger fin said...

underwear he had found? Like by the side of the road?

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home