Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hello. My Name Is...

I've been hanging out at the yahoo videoblogging group today - something that I don't generally do - and watching the arguments over what vlogging can and/or should be. Some see it as television. Some, like visual journals. Some want vlogging to make it to the big time as an entertainment choice. Others enjoy the micro-celebrity. For many, it is a broadcasting system. For others, it is a form of communication.

In talking about the potential of the medium for interactivity, I began to think about this blog. I have been looking at my stats and see a variety of addresses from all over the world. Some readers get here by accident while looking for something else. One person did a google search for phone sex! I'm afraid I was a disappointment. sigh.

Today, I had a person from Princeton go through my archives. What were they looking for and did they find it?

I guess I'm a bit of a voyeur, pouring over IP addresses. I want to know everything about these anonymous readers. Are they involved in the art community? Where else do they like to visit? Come here often? Why or why not?

To my readers;

I would love it if you would introduce yourself. Maybe we could have a conversation...

2 Comments:

Blogger ro said...

so.. lets pore over my ip. but remmeber its my soul that counts not how big or long my ip is.. for i am a windtraveller, and you are my seeded corn

1:15 PM  
Blogger Anne Walk said...

why, Ro!

how poetic and odd. i'm trying to pm you but you are not responding. this makes me sad...

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home