Thursday, June 23, 2005

Spur Me On To Nothing

I'm performing for the gallery today which is to say, I'm sitting in front of my computer, waiting, thinking about other things....

...J. just showed up and we had a nice chat. He took a picture of my crotch for the wall and we caught up on each other's lives.

I envy him his Master's.

I commented on January Blog about the Master's program and how relevant it is to an art career. Besides the connections and the validation of the degree, there is also the discipline of churning out work and writing and teaching. Since I've left school, my motivation has taken a drastic turn for the worse. I think, for me, this has a lot to do with being alone. Without the school system, I begin to think about how worthless what I do is. In school, the futility of art making acted as a spur. Now, it's just a nagging doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home