Monday, June 13, 2005

Post Opening

performance

My first performance of the piece for TPW has come and gone. I have agreed to do it again each Saturday for the duration of the show. I hope that it is better received than at the opening.

The art crowd is a tough audience for my work. K. said that they were afraid to come near the computer. Getting participation was very difficult. I'm curious as to why that would be.

Is it the gallery structure? Is it the sexual connotations associated with web camming? Are they uncomfortable with taking such an active role in the making of the work? Are they afraid that they will look foolish? I'm not sure.

At precisely 5pm EST, when the opening was officially over, I shut the computer down and went to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home