Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Attachments

I've been going through some stuff today and ran into the manuscript for a collection of emails I want to eventually have published. The emails are the essence of an online relationship that spilled over into phone lines and, ultimately, an ill-fated meeting. When I read them, as I have been, the romance is rekindled. I'm not remembering a romantic event when I read them. The reading IS the event.

J asked me before why I don't just publish them online in their original email format but I like the idea of turning them into a nostalgic memento. I think about the published letters of famous people - those wonderful slim volumes that reek of personal sentiment - and I think that it would be nice to make a precious collection out of a virtual love affair. If only a publisher felt the same way...

I'm not sure if it would be best were one of us famous. Probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home