Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The Swing Set

Last night, I ended up at the home of K. and M. for dinner, conversation, and play. It was rather odd being the innocent party. It's a situation that I have been unfamiliar with for quite some time. And, horror of horrors, I fear that I was a sore disappointment.

I had never (knowingly) been invited to the home of swingers. They looked like such nice, ordinary people. And I felt like an impostor. I gave them my card, which now seemed trite compared to the bondage wall before me. Who am I trying to kid with my antics? Miss Mew, indeed!

My outrageousness is a matter of context.

I must hurry now and change. They are not finished with me yet. I'm afraid that they will try something for real. I'm am equally afraid that they won't.

5 Comments:

Anonymous knight said...

this makes me want to throw up...this has absolutely nothing to do with art

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but if it was a painting or a photo of the event it would be ok? come on knight...

k.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Anne Walk said...

whether or not this post has anything to do with art, is always subjective. i can't really speak to the comment except to say that i'm glad that my post was provocative enough to illicit a gut response.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Ivan said...

I'd like to say:
- who said this was about/had to be about art
- surely it is absolutely about art
- it is not even simple to say what the posting is about
- it certainly is art, whether to do with art or not

3:30 PM  
Blogger Anne Walk said...

thankyou, Ivan,

let's get married.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home