Saturday, April 02, 2005

A Strange(r) Incident

From the questions I posed on simpleposie:

2. Have you ever felt like touching a complete stranger on the bus?

I ask this because I once participated in a very strange incident involving, not the bus, but the Robert Q airport shuttle, from Toronto to London. I'm still trying to understand why it happened and if I did the right thing.

I was just getting back from an extended trip to Seattle and I was tired and cranky. The Robert Q was crowded, which I hate, and I was forced to sit on the back bench, squeezed in by strangers and anonymous carry on luggage. I leaned forward, my forehead pressing down on the seat in front of me, and fell asleep.

At some point during the trip, I began to realize that the pleasant dream I was having was induced by the boy sitting in front of me. He was rubbing my head.

It was a very strange sensation this discovery brought about. I wasn't sure what the protocol was for such an event. Do I scream? Hit him? I kept my eyes closed. This required some thought and planning.

I had seen this boy getting onto the Robert Q. He wasn't a stereotypical public pervert. No long coat. His hair was nicely styled. He smelled nice. Young. Vibrant. Good looking. Clean cut. This presented a dilemma.

You see, I really like having my head rubbed. It felt good. Soothing. And what was the harm in it?

He paused briefly, suddenly, when I turned my head so that he could get the other side. His breathing stopped. I nudged him with my head. He continued.

He got out at the stop before mine. It was a bit awkward. I sat up so that he could remove his arm from the back of the seat. I looked up, my hair knotted and messy and we said our silent goodbyes, smiling and nodding.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rafael said...

Hello, this is an awesome story. I'd probably be afraid of touching a girl, she could either slap or punch me. And I've never thought about being touched by a female who I never saw, this would be wonderful tho. You write very well, congratulations.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Anne Walk said...

Thankyou, Rafael,

you are kind.

yes, slapping and punching are possible repercussions.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Zeke's, the Montreal Art Gallery said...

Howdy!

Anne have you met Cedric?

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home