Saturday, April 02, 2005

Love Productions



As many of you already know, I am interested in the idea of creating an empathetic response to images of happiness and love.

To this end, I've been following the relationship between two video bloggers, Ryanne Hodson and Jay Dedman. They met through viewing each other on their respective blogs and have now moved in together in an apartment in Manhattan.

It's very strange and wonderful watching the romance between these two likable bloggers. The only thing I know about them is what I gather from their sites, which is rich in personal content. I admit to feeling quite close to this pair.

The videos are shot, edited and presented by the subjects/creators in an effort to create a narrative about themselves. There is plenty of subtext in the long stares and the loving pans. Their cameras touch each other intimately and , by extension, me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home