Saturday, April 16, 2005

I Am Having Nightmares

Once, when I was still full of bravado, I told W. that I liked the feeling of falling. He was most intrigued which, I suppose, was my goal. I may have even believed it at the time.

What I was referring to was artmaking on the fly - a dangerous game of free fall where my reputation (limited as it was) was continually at stake. Showing up for a performance with only the slightest notion of what was going to happen.

Now that I'm at it again, I'm finding that I don't have the stomach for it. I long for structure. I crave absolutes. I think I'm getting an ulcer.

That damn show is coming up and the plane is ascending. Soon the crowd will assemble below and I will be expected to jump. I wish I had packed a parachute.

2 Comments:

Blogger fluidthought said...

your idea is your parachute :)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Anne Walk said...

hi Karen,

thankyou for that comment. i appreciate it more than you can know!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home