Saturday, April 09, 2005

Haven In A Heartless World



This morning, I fell upon Chasing Love, by Miguel Macias at the Transom.org website.

Chasing Love is an intricate one hour audio piece on the complexities of romance in the age of Capitalism. You need time to relax with it so it's not for the quick fly-by. Download the mp3 and take it for a walk. You'll be glad that you did.

Using conversation as a method to invite participants to talk about their experience of love, Macias intersperses highly structured segments which include theoretical analyses and actors playing out all too familiar situations.

If you visit this site and have a listen (and I recommend that you do), check out the comments section. A good read.

From Pamela:
I'll never forget the first time I heard this piece, hurtling on the A train to Harlem, through a pair of headphones that had been slipped over my ears. I remember feeling overwhelmed by the richness of its texture — the uniqueness of a piece of art that melodically weaves together controversial ideas, cultural analysis, and straight-up passion and pain. Feeling all that, beside someone I love, I couldn't stop smiling.

The second time, I was on a plane to Los Angeles, leaving behind someone I love, and, feeling all that, I cried.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home