Friday, April 29, 2005

Custom Made Me

I found a lovely little video by Eric Deis called Apartment. If you haven't seen it yet, you should. It's small and beautiful.

I then found an essay by Deis called As Logic of Assembly about the role of assembly in the governance of digital technologies. I didn't care for the topic but found, within the text, a great quote from Lev Manovich:
In a post-industrial society, every citizen can construct her own custom lifestyle and 'select' her ideology from a large (but not infinite) number of choices.

I thought about blogs and Tracey Emin and how I use my blog in an attempt to shape how others view me.

I thought about Miss Kimber's destruction of her online identity and his subsequent reincarnation as choccies whitestar. My own online identity, Miss Mew, has remained constant over the years but, since I moved Anne Walk online, the boundaries have begun to blur. I fear some sort of mutant version is in the works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home