Sunday, January 16, 2005

Leo and I

Reading the New York Times article about the (maybe) discovery of a Da Vinci workshop is like reading a thriller. Or like watching Geraldo break into a hidden vault.

It astounds me that there are buildings in use that are so old they are capable of housing such mysteries.

Once, my parents peeled back the wallpaper of our turn of the century house and found wallpaper that was circa 1950.

I love history. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a history buff. I don't read massive tomes on the subject, but I do like finding out little snippets - bits of minutia that endear historical figures to me through our similarities.

Take this from page two:

Leonardo is said to have worked late and slept late, and to have always worked near his bedroom.


I must be some kind of genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home