Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Getting down to it...

I thought that setting up elaborate structures (or simple ones) would propel me into creative action. Instead, I need new stuff. I need more research. I need to think more and collect more. Then, when I have everything and know everything, I'll be ready.

Instead of doing, I learn that "Praxis is a complex activity by which individuals create culture and society, and become critically conscious human beings. Praxis comprises a cycle of action-reflection-action which is central to liberatory education. Characteristics of praxis include self-determination (as opposed to coercion), intentionality (as opposed to reaction), creativity (as opposed to homogeneity), and rationality (as opposed to chance)". (quote from a now defunct address: www.sef.org.pk/educatewebsite/educate2fol/glosiconedu2.asp)

I can't seem to get past my own reflection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home